Tuesday 19 March 2013

Tell me itinit true!

Work.

We've moved.

I have a new desk.

I'm being forced to be clean... tidy... clean desk policy. Oh crap. Not good. It's not in my DNA. Ask my mother. She'll tell you about the million pieces of paper bits she would hoover off my floor on a regular basis. However, I'm ready to embrace the change. I don't do change well, I like to live in the past. Most women do. It helps when we're arguing with our spouses/significant other's... 'You bastard! I remember when you... bla bla bla'... I think living in the past gives most women the upper hand. When we're losing an argument, bring up the past. It's normally a winner. But I digress... where was I? Yea.. change... new me, future, new chapter, new beginnings, new clean shiney desk. I'll give it a go. But if I have to be clean and tidy at work, something's going to give. Pehaps I'll stop cleaning my car. Shit.. wait, I did that years ago. Damn. I'll figure something out.

Anyway, new desk, new pictures. Felt a bit guilty this morning as I brought my picture of Ben in and displayed on my desk, but alas, I had printer issues this morning and couldn't get the image I wanted of Maggie. Stupid printer. Wasn't working right. So I kicked it. My mother taught me well. It worked. I also brought up the past. It weakened it's defences, and submitted. I rule.

Revisiting one of my favorite pictures from last year's visit.... and now to be proudly sitting in a place of honour on my desk.... admist the clutter (I won't last, I give it 6 weeks).

No comments: