Tuesday 26 June 2012

Let them eat cake.

Cake...

Cake is a form of break or bread-like food. In its modern forms, it is typically a sweet baked dessert. In its oldest forms, cakes were normally fried breads or cheesecakes, and normally had a disk shape. Determining whether a given food should be classified as bread, cake, or pastry can be difficult. (as taken from Wikipedia).

I love cake. I love it even more when it's on someone else's plate. That way, any bites I steal don't have any sin attached to them. My favorite cakes have to be one of the following two taken from my childhood: Gingerbread Cake, warmed and covered with whipped cream. Wow. Or the Coconut Cake my mother used to make with the coconut frosting that always made the cake sag in the middle. I've never made these as an adult. Probably because I don't want to spoil my memory.

Kathryn makes really good cakes. Her kids will grow up remembering her cakes with fond memories. She's given them a great gift, and probably doesn't even know it.

No comments: